CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 1, 2011

What I've been up to . . .


String quilts are HARD! I mean, I know they are easy to put together, straight seams, randomness, yada, yada. But that randomness takes planning. And time. I have to pick out the set of 6 or 7 strips I'm going to use for that block, iron them all, then sew each one, iron it out, repeat. And then do it again for the other color.

I've got 25 blocks done. I've got I-don't-know-how-many to go. I'd like to make one big enough for my bed. We'll see how far my strips o' fabric go. I've got more orange than yellow.

Just for the record - I'm not complaining. I'm having a blast and I've got my little sewing room and all is well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...