CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 8, 2011

Superfast!

Clearly I need to work on my clever blog titles. But we say that around here a lot. In a superhero kind of voice.

Here's how the early afternoon went down. I went from this:
To this:
With this:

In about an hour. I'm not exactly sure how long it took because I was
  1. Homeschooling Laurel and William at the table next to me
  2. Fixing lunch
  3. Getting milk for thirsty kids
  4. Distracting James and Henry from the Accuquilt awesomeness - that was tough!
But not too shabby, right? I have 144 apple core pieces and 96 2" squares from the scraps. And a pile of scraps in the corner that is making Laurel drool all over her math homework.

I think I like this little GO! Had I used a template and hand cut all those, I'd be doing it until next week. I've always wanted to try curved piecing but have hesitated because the cutting scared me. Yeah, I know, my grandmother would have done it. But you know what? If she could have, she would have used one of these GO! cutters in a heartbeat.

I've got the Double Wedding Ring dies too. Just waiting for the right fabric to jump out at me so I can finally have one of those. Squeee! So excited for that!

In the meantime, I'm taking a break from my string quilt and prepping some other projects. It's kinda fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...