CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

'Tis The Season

Aaron continues to disagree with me, but I still say that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love a holiday about being grateful and delicious food. Such a winning combination. It's just going to be my little family with my parents this year but Mom and I are still making it all. Because the next best thing about Thanksgiving is the leftovers! Which is why I don't love getting invited to someone else's house that is not family - you don't have leftovers!

Here are my two favorite desserts that I'm going to try to make. Well, the lemon meringue tart is getting made. It's my fave - I made my first lemon meringue pie when I was 13. It was our first Thanksgiving in Kennewick and Gran helped me with it. I still associate lemon meringue pie with Gran.


It was that same Thanksgiving that Gran made a coconut cake. I didn't help make it, but I sure helped eat it. This was the beginning of my obsession with coconut cake as well. See, I'm a Southern girl at heart! I have a fabulous recipe for one and I'm making it, even if it means I'll be snacking on it for days. That's some good snacking, if you ask me.


Your turn - favorite Thanksgiving desserts?

2 comments:

Jen said...

How do I choose?? Probably Apple pie, but only if it has a crumb top and not a pie crust one. :)

Keri said...

Pecan Pie is my favorite Thanksgiving dessert...and I have to agree that I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday as well. Though Christmas is a very close second! :)

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...