CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I figure that since this blog is all about me and my interests (rather than the family blog), I can have separate New Year's Resolutions. And pictures of some of them too!

First. Get my hands on one of these babies.

Then figure out how to machine quilt on them and quilt the dozen quilts that are languishing in my laundry/sewing room.

Second. I MUST have this cake for my birthday this year. This is the third year in a row that I've wanted it and, by darn, I'm getting one.
I have two Oh Cherry Oh (yes, it's an obsession) honey buns that are going to become a quilt using this pattern on Moda Bake Shop. Super fun and bright.
I fell in love with this pattern and fabric and went ahead and ordered the jelly roll and pattern for it. I just need to get the background fabric and backing and binding and get to work. Pattern purchased here. I'll be using the Sunkissed line and it's another super bright and cheery quilt.
I've got another project in the works using the Sunkissed line, but it's going to be someone's Christmas next year, so it has to remain a secret.

I've had this pattern for quite a while. I saw a Dream On jelly roll on sale and decided I would cave and make a quilt out of it. I love the citrus-y colors of that line. I think I'm just responding to the gray skies over Seattle.

Also on my list to finish/work on:
  • my orange/yellow string quilt - I hit a snag and decided I wanted bigger blocks. So I've got to figure that out before I move on with it.
  • I'm thinking I'm going to use the Sugar Twist pattern to make a "lemon twist" quilt - or citrus twist using my orange/yellow fabrics (I've got quite a bit!).
  • Lots and lots of doll dresses!
  • Finish my Delft Blue Dutch pinwheel blocks and sew them together.
  • Finish my strawberry print double pinwheels quilt.
  • Make my Christmas tree quilt.
  • Sew together my double hourglass quilt blocks - need lots of floor space for this one!
  • Sew together another Christmas quilt - again, need lots of floor space for this one!
  • Finish my red/white diagonal stripe HST quilt (just two rows to sew on).
  • Sew together my off-center diamond HST orange/yellow quilt.
  • Sew together my red/white HST barn raising quilt.
  • Sew my Holiday Hostess Christmas quilt.
And those are just the things I can think of right now! Sheesh. I'm crazy, with school and all going on besides. But this is honestly my therapy, the thing that keeps me sane. And during the school quarter, I prep projects, do the busy, boring cutting parts so that when I have a break, I can just sit and sew. It works for me.

I'm also debating taking the summer off so I can play and sew and all that. But we'll see how the year plays out.

1 comments:

Lindsay Conner said...

That sewing machine looks amazing. :) Hosting a new year's resolution linkup at: http://www.lindsaysews.com/2010/12/craft-2010-year-in-review.html

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...