CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sew Much Fun!

This will not be an attempt to insert "sew" puns. But I must admit that I had a fabulously good time. It's lovely to spend an evening with women you have something in common with, and then talk and find out that you have more.

Here's my thing. I love Relief Society at church. I love that we have our faith, give or take, in common. But that does not a friendship make. And since we rarely get the opportunity to discover the other things we have in common, we're just a bunch of women who share a common faith.

Which is why I'll be forever grateful that my friend from church discovered the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild, picked me up last night and introduced me around. It was fun. I got some sewing done. I got out of the house for a few hours. I was inspired to work on more projects.

These women weren't just "hobby" quilters. Many were working on quilts as gifts for new babies, cancer patients. Still others were planning on participating in the Little Dresses for Africa project. They do service. They donate quilts to local shelters. It's awesome.

The lesson for me: that goodness, charity, kindness and companionship can be found anywhere.

Can't wait for the next sew-in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...