CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Inspiration

I have to confess, I love blog browsing. I love reading about people I kind of know, or don't know at all. I love finding inspiration everywhere.

My latest inspiration is the wife of a boy who was in my ward when I was a teenager. One of those boys who was horrible in Sunday School. The kind I thought was soooooo immature. Well, he's grown up and married to a wonderful woman who is so talented and they have three beautiful daughters. She is talented musically and she continues to develop her talents. She's even promised a blog "concert" at the end of the summer.

I'm not gifted musically. I would have loved piano and flute lessons back in the day but it just didn't work out that way. As a side note, I used to be bothered that I didn't get to pursue these talents, but I'm okay with it now. Because I like the ones I have pursued. I love baking. I love sewing. I love embroidery.

So, while I cannot do an online "concert," I can be better about posting pictures of accomplishments and goals. Not a resolutions list.

If you've stuck it out through that rambling, you get brownies.

So, here's my latest goals:

Learn to quilt using my sewing machine (or the new one that I'm *hopefully* getting soon) - taking a class on this at a local quilt shop in a couple weeks.

Embroidery - I have some projects to start and finish. I'd also like to to learn ribbon embroidery. I'd like to get started on Laurel's baptism dress. I want to embroider flowers around the hem of her dress. Something I need to learn a bit more about.

Writing. I'm taking a humor writing class right now. BYU offers online classes, so there are about three or four of those that I can take as well. I'd also like to try my hand at a screenwriting class.

As for baking, well, I still have my ultimates lists to work on. I'll get that out and get back to work.

I'm not going to let the current uncertainty of our future decide what I do right now. I've got too much to do!

Pictures next time, I promise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...