CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nesting

On my list of things to do before Mr. Henry decides to arrive is complete a whole bunch of sewing projects. I've been a busy sewing bee this week, cranking out quite a few things (and dreaming up more - a not so good habit I can't seem to kick!). Here's what is finished this week -

Doll clothes for Laurel's dolls and animals - I want to get her a set of nesting suitcases like these so she can pack up all her doll clothes in them. I'm thinking the purple ones. She loves to dress all her animals up in outfits - doesn't matter to her if it's Will's sock monkey or James' teddy bear. They get clothes and hats and shoes too. I can't wait until she's old enough for an American Girl doll. In the meantime, I'm happily producing little outfits for her - I love that they are small enough I can use my scrap pile. Most of these are from scraps from a couple of aprons I just made.


Another apron for the bumble bee - this one is reversible and I just love it. I'm going to enter it at this site - they do quarterly apron themes and this one is for an apron and a pie recipe. So I'll photograph Laurel in this one with a lemon meringue pie - since this is the lemon meringue apron! She looks so sunshiney and bright in it - I love it! That photo will come soon.


A sleeping bag for Laurel's doll - she needed one of her own so she can go camping with us.


Perfecting the sticky bun recipe - these were too pretty to not photograph. The caramel was a tad too done but it made for a really pretty picture. The ones I made for Father's Day for Aaron were a disaster. You can't win for trying - I had put a cookie sheet underneath them in the oven so that the caramel wouldn't get on the bottom of the oven and burn. Well, that made the tops just doughy and icky. This time, I didn't put the cookie sheet, which meant we had burnt caramel and smoke, but they sure were tasty. I'll make another, hopefully final, perfect batch again this summer. I'm determined to get these perfect.

And I found this bag pattern and am making many versions of it - I even modified it so I can make a smaller version for Laurel - she loves to have a bag to take to church and in the car. This is the Christmas version. It's the perfect project bag size - carrying around knitting, crocheting, a book, etc. Even might make a decent diaper bag. No pockets, but then I don't like pockets all that much. Just get in the way.

As for the started but not finished projects, here's the list (off the top of my head):
  • Two quilt tops - just fun, snuggly ones to have handy - both in very bright colors
  • A picnic blanket - just needs some rick rack and I'll have it finished
  • Two aprons - adorable ones made from the same yellow/white fabric that I made Laurel's - this one is very frou frou and all I need is some very wide ribbon for the ties and they are done
  • Several other bags - so much fun and I really just need the interfacing on these ones
  • More doll clothes
  • Another doll sleeping bag - brown and pink
  • And I'm taking part in TWD now - so I'll be baking a Perfect Party Cake this week
  • And a 4th of July dessert on Saturday

I'm so glad summer is so busy and the time is going by so quickly. August will be here before you know it!

1 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You will be busy - I love the lemony apron!

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...