CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Me Time


Two blog posts in one day? Unheard of. But I'm feeling grateful, so I thought I'd share.

Tonight was about me. And it's never about me.

I got to attend an activity at church, a "service auction" where we bid on goods/services that were donated by the other women. No money - just points earned by filling out a questionnaire - things like "did you wash and fold a load of laundry today" and "2 points for every diaper you changed today" - stuff like that. Super fun.

I donated a custom apron for one lucky winner and a family donut fry for another. In the process, I made a new sewing buddy. And I get to make donuts for the young women in our ward, which will be so much fun.

So, I have a sewing buddy and I get $75 worth of flowers, my choice of color. I blew all 102 points on a bouquet of flowers and I couldn't be more excited.

Wahoo!

So life is good again. But boy am I tired. Henry had me up at 2:30 and I couldn't fall back to sleep when he finally did go back to sleep at 4. So I read for a while and then thought "Why am I not sewing?" so I whipped out the sewing machine and sewed together some triangles and then cranked out two rows of my chimneys and cornerstones quilt. Hooray for me!

But no more quilt sewing until that cat costume is done! I've got it almost all cut out (hey, it takes up the whole table - you know how often my table is completely cleared off?) and will work on it this weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...