CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Status Update

Just a quick word from the sewing trenches - oh, who am I kidding. I'm loving every minute of it. If I could drop out of school and spend my days with my sewing machine and my kids, I'd be the happiest camper. But I will take what life gives me and just keep praying for that oh-so-perfect job to come along for Aaron so I can make that little dream come true.

So, um, a status update really should have a photo of what is done. And TWO quilt tops are done. I took a photo of the first one right away, because I gave it away yesterday. But I have yet to get said photo off the camera. But it's coming. I'll post pics of both. And yes, I gave away one of the red/aqua matchbox quilt tops. And it felt so good to do it. A quilt store here in Seattle is taking donations for quilts or quilt tops. If they aren't quilted, they take care of that and then pass them on to women and children at a local shelter. Laurel and I got to talking about it and we thought that a teenage girl would really like something bright and cheery. So we gave one away.

I figured out what I want to do with my two Christmas layer cakes - I'm going to make them up in these two quilt patterns. Both are on Moda Bakeshop - don't make me post links, please!

Okay, I will. The first is called Easy as Cake
This one is called Christmas Packages
But I'm not just making plans for more projects. I'm getting things done, I tell you. I just started sewing on my half-square triangles and I *heart* HSTs! So easy and so quick and just fun. I have all of them cut and sewn for my barn raising quilt - going to iron them first thing in the morning and hopefully have that one done by tomorrow night. Wishful thinking, I know, but a girl's gotta have a dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...