CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Breathing out...

What do you do when you are overwhelmed?

There are those bumper stickers that say stuff like:

"When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping!"

Well, that's not me, entirely. I go shopping for ideas for projects. I've got the fabric. So, when the going gets tough for me, I get sewing. It's my therapy. It has a certain sense of accomplishment, no matter how small.

Case in point. Yesterday afternoon, after homeschooling lessons were done, I got out the sewing machine. I sewed together four strip sets of five honeybun strips each. Not much. But it put a tiny dent in something I'm working on. It is quantifiable and definite. I like that.

I also realized that one of the classes I'm taking is not bringing me all that much satisfaction. I took it because I needed another class, not because I need this class in particular. Unfortunately, the time of day was awful for me (1:30? Give me an 8:30 class!), the professor was knowledgeable but talked on and on for an hour and a half, and the reading material was dry, dry, dry.

So I dropped it. It is so liberating to have my schedule magically free up like that.

So I can sew again! And craft with Laurel!

1 comments:

Micki said...

I sit in my lounge chair and read a book, and then I am always relaxed.
Micki

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...