CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pie Bake-Off @ Church

I'm entering the pie bake-off on the 21st at church. Not a great time of year to have one, if you ask me. So I'm doing the best I can with the fruit I know is in season and tasty.

My first entry will be a rhubarb lattice pie. I saw some gorgeous rhubarb at the store the other day - I have a bizarre love affair with rhubarb that has no explanation other than I love the name, love the color (at this time of year when it's completely red) and LOVE the taste.

The second entry is my coconut cream tart. Okay, not technically a pie, but it's round and it could be a pie. I'm just making it in a tart pan. Actually, the rhubarb one will be in a tart pan too. But, shhhhhh, don't tell on me!

I love making desserts. I love this coconut cream tart too. I just don't know if I should add a smidge of chocolate - like brushing a thin layer of melted chocolate on the crust before putting the filling in? I just might do it.

1 comments:

Annette B said...

One more time...I wish we lived closer!

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...