CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fall Ultimates

Thanks for the "ultimates" suggestions - I played around and found a perfect cinnamon roll recipe. Super yummy.
As for now, well, it's fall and time for warm, cinnamon-y smells. I just bought two pounds of honey crisp apples (I'm such a sucker for well-named fruit, and this one just appeals to me!). Time for apple pies and pumpkin tarts. I'm also thinking of making a sweet potato cupcake with toasted marshmallow frosting. Or just a cake! For those of us who love that dish at Thanksgiving. With pecans in it? Tasty? We'll see. Might even take a photo of them!
It's raining in Seattle today and I'm loving it. Have to get some baking supplies so I can make it nice and toasty cozy here.
Happy fall! We're going to have a "back to school" fest on Wednesday night with something special. Maybe a trial run of my caramel pumpkin tart.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yum! Aren't Autumn baking scents some of the best of the year? The Autumn months that lead into Christmas holidays just beg for me to be in the kitchen too. I'll have to try something new after being inspired by your ideas. My attempts with sweet potatoes haven't been fab (pancakes, muffins) but I've always wanted a yummy recipe with them. Let me know how yours turn out!

Annette B said...

I'm officially crazing a warm apple crips now!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

How do you not weigh a ton? Everything sounds delicious.

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...